Gringo recipe card
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
GRINGO is an organic Tex-Mex spice mix without salt, additives or fillers – just a delicious blend of cumin, paprika, garlic granules, chili, oregano and black pepper.
Tortillas, guacamole, salsa and spicy filling of meat, fish, greens and/or beans – there are several ways and ingredients that can go into making a Mexican style dish, but spices play the most important part in bringing together all them great flavours. Fret no more – GRINGO is a versatile spice mixture that lends itself to any kind of filling.
TACOS WITH BEANS / CHICKEN FILLING (4 persons)
Here’s a quick and easy recipe, but do not be afraid to experiment with what is in the fridge or simply use your favourite ingredients. With GRINGO, you can seldom go wrong. So why wait, treat yourself to some happy and colourful Mexican style food.
Wheat or corn tortillas – 8
Filling: 1 chopped red onion,
2 teaspoons GRINGO,
4 finely chopped tomatoes,
200 g chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces,
200 g soaked, boiled kidney beans (use canned for a pronto meal),
Accessories: See below
Heat some oil on a pan, then add Gringo spice and chicken pieces. Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Finally, add the beans.
Serve the hot filling in a tortilla with:
- Guacamole – avocado, lime juice, coriander and if preferred, spring onions and salt
- Tomato sauce – finely chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, coriander and if preferred, salt
- Cucumber / mango salad – chopped fine with lime juice
- Radishes, raw cut into slices
- Pickled red onion (find recipe online)
- Corn cobs, boiled and cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Coriander, fresh
Psst …. GRINGO is also perfect for seasoning minced meat, tomato sauce, roasted potatoes or even meatballs.
Let’s taco after we eat!